Google+
Home | Tourism | San Jose Iturbide, From Casas Viejas to Industrial City

San Jose Iturbide, From Casas Viejas to Industrial City

By
San Jose Iturbide, From Casas Viejas to Industrial City

San Jose Iturbide, Gto. Saturday, February 18, 2012. San Jose Iturbide, located southeast of San Luis de la Paz, is one of the eight municipalities that make up the northeast of Guanajuato. Despite the fact that it has the greatest industrialization in the region, it preserves the charm and warmth of a province town.

It has its origins in the congregation of Casas Viejas, founded on February 5, 1754. A century later, in 1859, it was elevated to village with the name of San Jose Iturbide. For some time, it was known as Ciudad Obregon. It obtained the title of city in 1948, recuperating the name of San Jose Iturbide.

Its major tourist attraction is the Temple of San Jose; which is in neo-classical style and began to be built in 1866, by the desire of Father Nicolas Campa. It is also worthy of mentioning the Municipal Palace erected since 1821.

The main economic activity is industry. It has an industrial park in full development, home to multinational companies. Its main festivals are on February 5, in which celebrates its foundation, and on March 19, that celebrates the Patron Saint.

San Jose Iturbide is a place that invites to be known. Visit it! 

 

Image gallery

  • Email to a friend Email to a friend
  • Print version Print version
  • Plain text Plain text
find us on facebook
follow us on twitter